♪ South Coast Folk Society ♪
We are dedicated to sharing, teaching, and preserving U.S. and world folk traditions for the residents of Oregon’s South Coast. We provide year-round opportunities for people of all ages and abilities that including Singing, Dancing, and Playing Music.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
“South Coast Folk Society is an all-volunteer, nonprofit educational organization which is dedicated to the preservation, study, teaching, enjoyment and continuing evolution of traditional and historical dance, music and song.”
Sign Up To Receive our Newsletter
CDSS CONTRA CROSSWORD PUZZLE SOLUTION
Some of our CALENDAR offerings:
- INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCE PARTY – Friday, March 24, 7-9:30PM, Bandon Senior Activity Center, 1100 11th St SW, Bandon (Free)
- EASTERN EUROPEAN SONG CIRCLE – Saturday, March 25, 9:30-10:30AM, Faith Lutheran Church, 2741 Sherman Avenue in North Bend (Free)
- SINGALONG – Saturday, March 25, 11:00-Noon, North Bend Public Library. All voices welcome. Meets every fourth Saturday all year. (Free)
- ENGLISH COUNTRY DANCE – SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 4-6PM, Langlois Cheese factory, music by the Summer Wind Quintet, plus tea and scones. All dances taught.
- COMMUNITY BARN DANCE – Saturday, April 1, 7:00-9:30PM, North Bend Senior Center. A special first Saturday Dance every month through May, 2023. (Free)
- SPRING DANCE AND FITNESS CLASS – Monday, April 3 from 9:30-11AM – An 8-week class for Women and Men meeting at the North Bend Senior Center. (Free)
PUBLIC EVENTS OFFERED BY THE SOUTH COAST FOLK SOCIETY: (All ages welcome.)
- COMMUNITY BARN DANCES and CONTRA DANCES
- INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCES
- MONTHLY SINGALONGS
- BORDER MORRIS DANCE from ENGLAND
- OPEN BAND and FOLK DANCE BAND
- ENGLISH COUNTRY DANCES
- WORKSHOPS and SPECIAL EVENTS for CHILDREN and ADULTS
Morris Dance: Side Of the Tide is the South Coast’s own Morris Dance troupe. New dancers & musicians are always welcome. For rehearsal times contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-404-8267. Find “Side of the Tide” on Facebook.
Open Band: Would you like to play music for dances. The Folk Society has a large, enthusiastic group of musicians who love to play together for dances. Sharon Rogers facilitates our local Open Band, which welcomes all acoustic musicians. contact email@example.com or 541-501-2254.
The South Coast Folk Society is an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 non-profit organization. A Board of Directors oversees our activities, and our many volunteers provide time, energy, and talent to ensure that the enjoyment of traditional music, dance, and song continues in our community.
South Coast Folk Society is a member of the Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, the Country Dance and Song Society, the National Folk Organization, and the Oregon Cultural Trust.
What about you – what are your interests and talents? Want to receive a monthly email announcement about upcoming events? Have ideas about fabulous folk music and dance activities you’d like to help make happen? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org